Application for Public Accounting Licence
If members of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario ("CPA Ontario") wish to be issued a Public Accounting Licence (PAL),
pursuant to Bylaw 9.3 and Regulation 9-1, section 2, they must comply with the following requirements:
Further information is available on our FAQs - Public Accounting Licensing section on the left.
- submit a completed Public Accounting Licence - New Application Package Form 9-1A;
- satisfy the Public Accounting Licensing Board of good character;
- complete the Practising Public Accounting Declaration;
- complete the Continuing Professional Development Requirement;
- complete the Practice Inspection Requirement;
- completing either the Professional Experience Requirement or the Current Competency Requirements, and, if applicable;
- satisfy the Qualifying Experience Requirement, if admitted to membership with CPA Ontario after October 31, 2006, pursuant to Regulation 9-1, section 2.6.
You may submit your completed Public Accounting Licence - New Application Package Form 9-1A and fee payment to:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
Office of the Registrar
69 Bloor Street East